The ramblings of Canuck living in a Yankee world

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

One things leads to another...

Well now that March Madness is over and I have won another office pool (3 years in a row) I have to turn my attention to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. My team (the Canucks) have secured the 3rd seed and look like they can make an actual run at winning it all this year. As some of you know, with the beginning of the hockey playoffs comes the beginning of the playoff beard. The playoff beard got its start in the early 80's by the New York Islanders. A player starts growing their beard when the playoffs starts and does not shave again until they are either eliminated or they win the Stanley Cup. So since I think my Canucks can use all the help they can get I will grow a playoff goatee! last year it didn't help much but if I don't grow one and they lose in the first round I will have to blame myself.(because I obviously have a say in the outcome of the games....)


On another note, we are getting closer and closer to the birth of our second child. Fiona already gives us a run for our money so i'm not sure how we are going to handle two, but I guess we will figure something out. I will let everyone know when something happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home